We all know that broccoli is very versatile. It can be eaten raw or cooked in various ways. Cream of broccoli soup is one of the most popular broccoli dishes worldwide. Here’s a great recipe for you to try!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yields: 6 Servings
Calories: 205 kcals
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 Cups Broccoli Floret
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Bouillon Powder
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. In a medium-sized cooking pot, add water and broccoli florets and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain, reserving all of the water.
2. In a food processor or blender, process half the cooked broccoli until fairly smooth. Chop remaining broccoli and set aside.
3. In a heavy-bottomed cooking pot, melt butter or margarine, add onion and celery and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until soft. Stir in flour and continue stirring constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add reserved water and vegetable bouillon granules, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
4. Stir in milk, nutmeg, pepper, and processed and chopped broccoli, and heat through. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve garnished with grated cheddar cheese.