Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 Min
Yield: About 15 Fritters
- 5 cups shredded butternut squash lightly packed (see notes)
- 2/3 all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tbsp minced fresh sage
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded squash, flour, eggs, minced sage, salt, and pepper, stirring until mixture is combined.
2. Line a large plate with paper towels.
3. Liberally coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into a round shape and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on one side then flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side, until both sides are golden brown and cooked throughout.
4. Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt.
5. Repeat the scooping process for the remainder of the mixture.
Note: Butternut squash can be peeled then shredded on either the large hole of a box grater or to save time, in a food processor.