Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 35-40 min
Total Time: 55-60 min
Cinnamon roasted butternut squash is not only a fabulous side dish for the holidays, but it’s delicious with any meal throughout the season! Plus they’re a powerhouse of nutrition in every tasty bite!
- 1 large butternut squash peeled/seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F with rack on upper middle position. Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
2. In a large bowl, toss the squash with remaining ingredients until thoroughly coated. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet, in a single layer, without overcrowding the pieces.
3. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating pan midway during baking. When edges are browned and cubes are fork-tender, remove from the oven immediately. You may want to start checking the squash around 35 minutes, just to be sure they do not become over cooked.