Investing in Children is currently recruiting volunteers to support our After School program at Princess Elizabeth Public School. The chosen volunteers must demonstrate strong leadership skills, as they will be working with students in grades 6, 7 and 8. The program runs after school, from 3:30-6:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons. The program’s goal is to promote exercise, healthy eating and positive health and wellness in an interactive after school program.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Coordinator with the supervision of 20 students in grades 6, 7 and 8 from Princess Elizabeth Public School.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in implementing a variety of small and large group activities and preparing a healthy snack.
- Ensure confidentiality.
- Lead and co-lead in all after school activities (creating, organizing and instructing recreation programs including arts and crafts, physical activities, meal preparation and special interest activities).
- Ensure program needs and requirements are being met; demonstrate initiative, positive role modeling and interaction within the group.
- Participate in cleaning and maintaining the facilities and equipment.
- Operate in accordance with policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols of Investing in Children.
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers and school staff.
- Represent the values and principles of Investing in Children.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be energetic and creative.
- We are currently looking for volunteers for Monday and Wednesday afternoons from now until December 2013 as well as Monday and Thursday afternoons January – June 2014. Volunteer positions are to begin immediately.
To learn more visit: http://investinginchildren.on.ca/after-school-program/
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please send your resume to Denise Ritchie our Community Projects Manager at email@example.com